Nice Paper Toys

The Papertoy Network!

Ive tryed making some plushes out of old shirts... in theory its just like a papertoy but with twice the tabs and instead of glue... its thread.

Any tips on how to make a good plush?

Kind regards Alex

P.S would you say £1.50 was a fair price for a proffesionaly printed 220gms papertoy?

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the type of fabric you use depends on what you are making but i would use fleece fabric as its soft and durable. i use a old pillow for stuffing as its cheaper than buying stuffing from a art store. you will need to learn all the different stitches there is and pick the best for what you are making

:) hope this is helpful
Ross
I think paper is waaay easier than plush, but here's a good tutorial http://wendolonia.com/blog/2009/03/28/taggie-monster/
try doing sock monsters or sock monkeys theyare much easyer but still look good
I found this a bit ago, it's good for a laugh... So I would think it's probably easy to find a *good* instructional video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbQWxL-_8LU
where cani download this from
I used to think that paper toy pattern can be applied directly to plush, but once I tried it failed quite alot. The thing with fabric is they tend to stretch unlike the rigid paper structure. Another thing is since I'm not good with sewing, I find it a little confusing with the stitching method. Tried the 3D program as shown in Standupartista's youtube link, but failed at that too =(..

But then again, it's just my case study. Let me know if you find the trick =)
Brother sewing machines are like $99 at Walmart. Find fabric that suits your design. I use several techniques in my sewing. I like to print computer iron ons, iron them onto canvas or linen, and then use the linen as patches for applique work. There is another product called Sculpy Bake and Bend. Once fired in the oven, Sculpy Bake and Bend is soft and rubbery. If it's rolled thin enough, one can sew through it. I make creepy monster teeth from the Bake and Bend, and sew it direct to the puppet/plush. If you are used to paper crafts, simply iron your design onto linen or muslin using computer iron on sheets, and sew the printed fabric. A stuffed critter is different than a hollow paper construction. They look stuffed. Here are some step by step photos of me sewing my puppets at: http://www.evilbay.com/labels/puppets.html
the iron on thing is what im doing :D
Try a thicker fabric, like muslin or thin canvas. Linen is great, but expensive. T-shirt fabric is really hard to sew, and stretches so much while you sew it. Get a yard or two of white muslin and give it a try. The white takes the iron on best, and it's a little stiff after it's got the iron on added to it.
ok there A4 full colour and background....proffesionaly printed on 200 gsm photo paper.
well ofcorse I like to think it looks good and proffesional... but if it dose is another question. There are free versions available for most of the toys I will be selling, but you mostly pay for the printing costs (photo paper is expensive).

Theres a link to my toys here so tell me what you think (be honest).
Ive always had plans to make and sell plush toys of some of my characters mainly afroboy and the muncher

RSS

Check out these amazing Papertoy Books featuring your favorite papertoy artists

Forum

Shin tanka 168 Replies

Started by Zo dude in Sample Title. Last reply by Greenelf Feb 24, 2018.

Community magazine contributions wanted

Started by Shadree in Uncategorized May 21, 2017.

Anyone hunting for Old Cardboy Papercrafts? (Back after 4 years) 18 Replies

Started by Adam T in Sample Title. Last reply by remigio ansorena Nov 4, 2015.

Character art practice for new template 1 Reply

Started by Shadree in Uncategorized. Last reply by eddie rodriguez Sep 4, 2015.

Improvisation Paper-Toys 27 Replies

Started by VinsArt in Sample Title. Last reply by Castleforte Jul 31, 2015.

Who created this paperkit? 13 Replies

Started by 3Eyed Bear in Sample Title. Last reply by Steven Johnson Jan 16, 2015.

Test builders 3 Replies

Started by Shadree in Uncategorized. Last reply by Shadree Aug 20, 2014.

Another PaperToy idea I have

Started by Daveybird in Sample Title Jul 22, 2014.

Site overrun by spam

Started by Neurogami in Sample Title May 19, 2014.

building new toys!

Started by ryan ellison in Uncategorized Nov 5, 2013.

Badge

Loading…

About

Castleforte created this Ning Network.

© 2020   Created by Castleforte.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service