Nice Paper Toys

The Papertoy Network!

I am getting so annoyed with the fact that I have dozens of great toy designs for many paper toys(Spreakerdogs, Calling all cars, Foldskool Heroes, Paper Totems and lots lots more) and papertoys myself(lets just keep that a secret) but I dont have a single clue on how to design and create templates if anyone knows how to do it Id appreciate it thanks.

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Gabriel!
I'm using my imagination, sketches, scaner and Macromedia Flash for making paper toys and customs. And the most important thing in this list is your imagination. With this awesome ability you can design the template even if you'll have only a pencil and a paper sheet. Imagination is the greatest power in any type of art, it's true.
If you have the scaner, make a sketch of your toy how it will look, a sketch of unfolded model (template) on paper, scan it, then try to make your toy cutting and folding your sketch. If it have some mistakes, you can correct it directly on your computer or on reprinted sketch; this way you can save your original sketch. Then you can trace your sketch in every program you can use, even MS Paint.
Wish you to be great paper toy maker!
P.S. Imagination is power!
That's an awesome tutorial! I am going to point people in the direction of that post, brilliant.
thx, I hope I can find more time to write more of these...
f
There are free drawing programs if thats what you mean. You can find them on another forum post called free tools software
yeah Im still having trouble making papertoys it just doesnt make sense I cant do anything because I just dont understand how to customize with any of the softwares I downloaded :(
It's always difficult at first... Some programs are very easy to understand and other don't.
The are a couple of advices I can give you:
#1.
Find a teacher: perhaps a friend (invite over for dinner and after a lesson) or someone you need to pay (a seminar).
It's the fastest way to learn something, because you can ask very specific questions (for example: how to make a pattern.)
#2.
Buy a book. Always pay attention that you buy the book that is the same written for the software you have at home. Don't buy a discount Illustrator 5 book when you have at home Illustrator CS4, it will be very frustrating.
#3.
Tutorials on the internet: self study. Can also be frustrating (see point #2) but it's free.

But the best thing you can do is make a commitment to a certain software... if you keep switching you will never get any better.

RSS

Check out these amazing Papertoy Books featuring your favorite papertoy artists

Forum

Shin tanka 168 Replies

Started by Zo dude in Sample Title. Last reply by Greenelf Feb 24, 2018.

Community magazine contributions wanted

Started by Shadree in Uncategorized May 21, 2017.

Anyone hunting for Old Cardboy Papercrafts? (Back after 4 years) 18 Replies

Started by Adam T in Sample Title. Last reply by remigio ansorena Nov 4, 2015.

Character art practice for new template 1 Reply

Started by Shadree in Uncategorized. Last reply by eddie rodriguez Sep 4, 2015.

Improvisation Paper-Toys 27 Replies

Started by VinsArt in Sample Title. Last reply by Castleforte Jul 31, 2015.

Who created this paperkit? 13 Replies

Started by 3Eyed Bear in Sample Title. Last reply by Steven Johnson Jan 16, 2015.

Test builders 3 Replies

Started by Shadree in Uncategorized. Last reply by Shadree Aug 20, 2014.

Another PaperToy idea I have

Started by Daveybird in Sample Title Jul 22, 2014.

Site overrun by spam

Started by Neurogami in Sample Title May 19, 2014.

building new toys!

Started by ryan ellison in Uncategorized Nov 5, 2013.

Badge

Loading…

About

Castleforte created this Ning Network.

© 2021   Created by Castleforte.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service