and it is lacking in content

has anyone got any ideas or ways to solve these problems

thanks for reading

andy

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

andy,

in no way am i an expert at this, but we are in a very similar position which is trying to carve a little bit of space for our view of this niche. looking at your blog, my first impression is the serious lack of content. 3 posts is all that there is from mid-december to now, almost 5 months. i consumed all the content on your site in under 5 minutes. the kind of reader you want to attract, might come back tomorrow to see if there's anything new, and if there isn't, chances are he won't be returning the next day.

there are a ton of ways to drive traffic to your blog, and a ton of online tutorials that offer tips/tricks. do the work, make your blog something worth visiting over and over. you have to put in the time, and write your blog as though you have a massive audience. 

but think about what message you're sending this hypothetical massive audience when you only give them 3 things to contemplate over a 5 month period of time. what you're saying is, "i don't care if you're bored. if you want to be captivated, go somewhere else." well, those readers you covet, are going someplace else.

good luck man, it'll be interesting to see what new content you've added the next time i check in.

bkd

thanks for the reply and i will put this into practise very soon

but what i am struggleing to do is find things to post about

like i see on your blog you have toy of the day where do you find these things and how can i do somthing simalar

thanks

andy

Hi Andy,

BKD gave a lot of great advise and basically mentioned all of the things I would have suggested. The only thing I would add is this: What was your reason for starting a blog? Is it because you really like paper toys and wanted to write about them? Is it because you had your own paper creations that you wanted to share with the world? What is it that you want to tell people? There's always a driving force behind a blog and it usually stems from the blogger's passion for something - art, music, comics, video games, politics, zombies, etc. Once you decide what that something is, like BKD mentioned, you need to do the work. The web is a great resource to find what it is you're looking for. Google it! If you want to talk about paper toys, obviously this site is a great resource. Comb through the blogs and photos. Check out your favorite designers' websites. Then stick to it and be patient. You won't gain a following of readers overnight. It takes time... lots of it.

That's all I have to add. Good luck, Andy!

thanks for the in put

my reason for my blog was to do a bit of both

i wanted a blog that hows my papertoys and is a place were people can find my favourite papertoys

the problem i am having is i am not an artist (unlike most papertoy designers) and there for dont have as much things to post about

any reply will be appreciated

thanks

andy

RSS

Check out these amazing Papertoy Books featuring your favorite papertoy artists

Forum

Shin tanka 168 Replies

Started by Zo dude in Sample Title. Last reply by Greenelf Feb 24, 2018.

Community magazine contributions wanted

Started by Shadree in Uncategorized May 21, 2017.

Anyone hunting for Old Cardboy Papercrafts? (Back after 4 years) 18 Replies

Started by Adam T in Sample Title. Last reply by remigio ansorena Nov 4, 2015.

Character art practice for new template 1 Reply

Started by Shadree in Uncategorized. Last reply by eddie rodriguez Sep 4, 2015.

Improvisation Paper-Toys 27 Replies

Started by VinsArt in Sample Title. Last reply by Castleforte Jul 31, 2015.

Who created this paperkit? 13 Replies

Started by 3Eyed Bear in Sample Title. Last reply by Steven Johnson Jan 16, 2015.

Test builders 3 Replies

Started by Shadree in Uncategorized. Last reply by Shadree Aug 20, 2014.

Another PaperToy idea I have

Started by Daveybird in Sample Title Jul 22, 2014.

Site overrun by spam

Started by Neurogami in Sample Title May 19, 2014.

building new toys!

Started by ryan ellison in Uncategorized Nov 5, 2013.

Badge

Loading…

About

Castleforte created this Ning Network.

© 2019   Created by Castleforte.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service