Nice Paper Toys

The Papertoy Network!

Hi y'all.
As I commented on Kennedy's monkey, I noticed that this papertoy world is devided into two groups, peeps who hate glue and the ones who don't. I just need to get my glue on, coz I hate it when the edges or corners curl up (due to the atmosphere or a dry or damp climate in your house). So if I build a cubeecraft or a boxpunk, I usually add tabs and stick it where it needs to be stuck. Am I the only one who does this. Grtz and may the glue be with you, or not... Methuup.

Views: 856

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

:) Thanks 4 the comment Methuup!

Looking at the paper toys I've done I can't really say whether I'm glue or glueless! I've done some cubees and some boxpunk and then there's Marshall Alexander's and 3 eyed bear's! I don't really mind either but I wouldn't change the style of how it was made (no offense)! I went 4 glueless with my style so I think I might just favour it. :)
i use glue for cubee craft.
hehehe...actually i hate glue methup? really hate it? but i dont have the creativity or what people call the initiative to create something glueless...i wish i can make one? but at this point i really want to improve gubi-gubi and make it something else.. for those who are new in here? try gubi-gubi!!! thanks!!! and add me as a friend!
to me it really has to do with the what the kit is, the complexity, and who it's intended for. I personally love to work with precision detail scissors and I also love working glueless (call me lazy). Almost all glueless kits use interior cuts, this mean you will need to use a cutting board and a razor. Glued kits exchange the interior cuts for the use of glue, as there are no interior cuts scissors may be used.

I have adapted a style of glueless construction that does not require razors.

When making a toy I think about who it's for and use the method best suited to the audience.

If I'm going to make a toy for kids (big big battles) then I'm likely going to make it something that does not have interior cuts (eat paste not razors)

if I'm going to make a more complicated model where presentation is key then i will likely make it a glued kit (noise Frog)

If I'm making a papertoy then I feel making it is part of the fun and I'm not going to require glue
I prefer the glued toy in term of quality, but only last month I feel sooooooooo lazy to glue my prototype then I switch it to become glueless toy (hence the name Nogloo)... I think the glueless type is more friendly toward people who are new with making paper toy or for people who dont't have much time yet want to get a little paper fun...

But yes, just like Methup said you should be careful when designing the glueless toy otherwise it will get deformed...
Glueless FTW!!! It saves the mess and a lot of time.
Free Tacos Wednesday, ain't that a mess...
Welcome to N.P.T. Grtz and may the P be with you. Meth.
When I first started making papercraft, I made a model that required glue. Why? Cause it was easy. Then after doing that, I started working on a glueless model. It took a long time to get right, but well worth the effort. Then I started modding and customizing the glueless figures, and of course some of those elements simply needed glue to work right. So, I am of the opinion that who cares what people like, glue vs. glueless, just make your idea a reality, and require glue if you see no better way. Since a lot of people who build our toys are sitting in cubicles all around the world trying to keep from going crazy, I think the most important element of a model is not whether or not it requires glue, but rather SIMPLICITY. And "glueless" does not mean "simplicity". Keep it simple. ^^
Just like funky music, everything is on the One & less is more.
I love the Marvelous series 2, especially the Thing (and not coz he needs a little glue).
For me, glueless means less of a mess... and in my experience the folds that go into the slits are much stronger than glue. Plus it looks better ;D
i think theres room for both,
but if you want your models to cross over to a wider audience,
it would have to be glueless.

its less intimidating to the man in the street,
means your models have a higher chance of being made by others.

i also find it more of a design challenge to make my models glueless,
so just stretching myself personally.

seems like you've made every model going, methuup :)
so your opinion gotta count
Moast of cubees don´t need glue,I use a blank template from cubeecraft.com to do my works

RSS

Check out these amazing Papertoy Books featuring your favorite papertoy artists

Forum

Shin tanka 168 Replies

Started by Zo dude in Sample Title. Last reply by Greenelf Feb 24.

Community magazine contributions wanted

Started by Shadree in Uncategorized May 21, 2017.

Anyone hunting for Old Cardboy Papercrafts? (Back after 4 years) 18 Replies

Started by Adam T in Sample Title. Last reply by remigio ansorena Nov 4, 2015.

Character art practice for new template 1 Reply

Started by Shadree in Uncategorized. Last reply by eddie rodriguez Sep 4, 2015.

Improvisation Paper-Toys 27 Replies

Started by VinsArt in Sample Title. Last reply by Castleforte Jul 31, 2015.

Who created this paperkit? 13 Replies

Started by 3Eyed Bear in Sample Title. Last reply by Steven Johnson Jan 16, 2015.

Test builders 3 Replies

Started by Shadree in Uncategorized. Last reply by Shadree Aug 20, 2014.

Another PaperToy idea I have

Started by Daveybird in Sample Title Jul 22, 2014.

Site overrun by spam

Started by Neurogami in Sample Title May 19, 2014.

building new toys!

Started by ryan ellison in Uncategorized Nov 5, 2013.

Badge

Loading…

About

Castleforte created this Ning Network.

© 2018   Created by Castleforte.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service