Nice Paper Toys

What was the first papertoy that you put together? The one that started it all.

For me, it was a preprinted model of Fox's Arwing in an old issue of Nintendo power. I think I held it together with tape than glue but it came out very nice. This was more than a few years ago. I had no idea what was papercraft at the time so I didn't get into again until little over a year ago. But I still remember that Arwing model I made.

Tags: first, papertoy

Views: 1883

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Readymech tentaclops, printed it out and gave it to my girlfriend. The first I made myself was Domo-Kun, from Cubeecraft.
My first paper toy was the Cubeecraft Storm Trooper, and like Dr Shazam i saw Marshall Alexander's work and the bug caught hold. But before all that i built a model of The Globe Theatre when i was ten that came with a magazine called Discovery. (it was a fortnightly historical magazine with a different model in each issue)
my first paper toy was something from cubeecraft! thanks cubee!!
The first paper model (and only paper model) I have designed is Stanley the Gloo-Bear
my first was an Optimus Prime from paper robot's 1999
A paper craft gorilla that took ages to make. I didn't like it so I covered it in paper mache and fibre glass to build up the features. I left it in my shed and mice ate half of it leaving a wierd half gorilla terminator. I am currently looking for other animals to collaborate with.

I build that one too (not my first papertoy though)

Lelouche Lamprouge by Chris Beaumont of Cubeecraft. Saw it on adult swim. http://www.bumpworthy.com/bumps/1564

my first papertoy was hellboy by hamhead or something. :P

I made St30's fish papercraft at his house. The amount of papercrafts in his room is astonishing to say the least. I just designed my first model, it's on the front page. I think it's an udder masterpiece. 

My first paper toy was a Dr Who Tardis of my own design made out of thin red card and sellotape. It must have been about 4cm tall. I was only 8 at the time. Many years later after a lifetime of origami, point of sale design and fascination with paper in general, I discovered Toy-A-Day and I was hooked.

I stumbled on Behemoth's Castle Crashers (the Red Knight, I think) as one of the pages in a design magazine. I had no idea what Castle Crashers, or this incredibly cool thing called papercraft was, but I was hooked.

RSS

Forum

Test builders 3 Replies

Started by Shadree in Uncategorized. Last reply by Shadree Aug 20.

Another PaperToy idea I have

Started by Daveybird in Sample Title Jul 22.

Anyone hunting for Old Cardboy Papercrafts? (Back after 4 years) 11 Replies

Started by Adam T in Sample Title. Last reply by Orchidia Jul 18.

Site overrun by spam

Started by Neurogami in Sample Title May 19.

building new toys!

Started by ryan ellison in Uncategorized Nov 5, 2013.

Tools (Software) 43 Replies

Started by Tephlon in Uncategorized. Last reply by ryan ellison Nov 3, 2013.

SpeakerDog 20 Replies

Started by fivz wu in Sample Title. Last reply by sasha lim Oct 19, 2013.

Your first papertoy 56 Replies

Started by Tawa in Uncategorized. Last reply by merrci Sep 25, 2013.

Papertoy designers Database 58 Replies

Started by BW in Sample Title. Last reply by Mike P Sep 3, 2013.

New Paper Toy Site

Started by Daveybird in Sample Title Jun 9, 2013.

Badge

Loading…

About

Castleforte created this Ning Network.

© 2014   Created by Castleforte.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service