Nice Paper Toys

The Papertoy Network!

As many of you know I'm working on a book about designer/urban papertoys. I'm thinking about using "papertoy" as one word as I've seen it done (and I've been doing lately) instead of two words "paper toy". As a way to make a differentiation about what we do as opposed to say the toy a kid would cut off the back of a little Debbie's cupcake box. Since this is the first book (at least that i know about) on the subject of designer papertoys it might be a good place to set that president. What do you guys think 1 word or 2.

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

definitely one word.

two words is like its just a thing made of paper. papertoy is sort of like our own adopted word in a way. it differentiates us, like you said, to the junk on cereal boxes thats out there.

have fun with the book man!

cya, Anubis
YEah, I'm a big fan of pushing two words together... NiceBunny, HedKase, PaperGodz, etc...
papertoy has my vote.
I think Papertoy works better--like you say, it sets the craft apart. If you're looking for cool Papercraft Toys online, typing "Paper Toy" into a browser yields too many unrelated results. There are too many combinations of those two words to hone in on the right subject matter. Having no space between the words instantly does a search filter for people who intentionally set their work apart as more of a designer papertoy, or maybe it just picks people who can't type well and don't pay attention to spaces.

Crud. I thought I had a really good comment and then it took a turn for the worse at the end.

Either way, my vote is for "Papertoy."
Because the stuff we do is done primarily on the internet, my first thought was also that "paper toy" wouldn't send you to the sites you want to visit. And "papertoy" already does.
"PaperToy" has my vote.

Strangely I'm the only one that doesn't use "papertoy" from the beginning... I've been using "Urban papercraft" after "Urban vinyl". The reason was that I didn't like the sound of 'toy' which suggested to me that it was something to play with... (I never play with my paper models). The other solution could have been "designer papercraft" after "designer toys".... that didn't sound right either. So I chose "Urban papercraft".
Good question!
I use papertoy for 6 months (when i begun my blog in may 2007), so I prefer "papertoy" !
Papertoy with Capitalization! Its own category just like Origami, Kirigami, and Pepakura. Except those are Japanese.
You lot are way deeper than I, I'd never thought about it. Y'all have gone and got me thinking, I'm with the majority, 'papertoy' is better. Maybe I'll try and make some changes on my site, switch everything to 'papertoy'. I like the 'urban paper' name too, but I live between the countryside and the sea, there's nothing 'urban' here so I couldn't call anything I do urban, could I?

Could you say 'PaperToy' with capitals, but together like that? I wouldn't know.

And to conclude, the book in question, by Mr. Matt Hawkins, will rock.
I'd like to make a little correction about that: the book in question will ROCK!! :)
It might even "RAWK"!
Papertoy. Oneword. One word.

RSS

Check out these amazing Papertoy Books featuring your favorite papertoy artists

Forum

Shin tanka 168 Replies

Started by Zo dude in Sample Title. Last reply by Greenelf Feb 24, 2018.

Community magazine contributions wanted

Started by Shadree in Uncategorized May 21, 2017.

Anyone hunting for Old Cardboy Papercrafts? (Back after 4 years) 18 Replies

Started by Adam T in Sample Title. Last reply by remigio ansorena Nov 4, 2015.

Character art practice for new template 1 Reply

Started by Shadree in Uncategorized. Last reply by eddie rodriguez Sep 4, 2015.

Improvisation Paper-Toys 27 Replies

Started by VinsArt in Sample Title. Last reply by Castleforte Jul 31, 2015.

Who created this paperkit? 13 Replies

Started by 3Eyed Bear in Sample Title. Last reply by Steven Johnson Jan 16, 2015.

Test builders 3 Replies

Started by Shadree in Uncategorized. Last reply by Shadree Aug 20, 2014.

Another PaperToy idea I have

Started by Daveybird in Sample Title Jul 22, 2014.

Site overrun by spam

Started by Neurogami in Sample Title May 19, 2014.

building new toys!

Started by ryan ellison in Uncategorized Nov 5, 2013.

Badge

Loading…

About

Castleforte created this Ning Network.

© 2019   Created by Castleforte.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service